This is probably the most controversial chapter of my entire book. So buckle up!
Keep these points in mind as you read:
1. The following information is for people who have become displaced and have no other choice but to seek refuge at a FEMA disaster recovery center.
2. Never say never! Even the most hardcore preppers/survivalists may find themselves in a situation with no other choice than to seek assistance from FEMA.
3. A major part of survival, after all, is being prepared for the things we wish to avoid.
4. Millions of people WILL have NO OTHER CHOICE but to seek out help at a FEMA recovery center.
5. I’ve done my research on FEMA’s history and hope never to be in a FEMA Camp. However, if unfortunate events befall me and I find myself in one, I’m glad to have the knowledge I’ve shared here in my book, to help me get through the ordeal intact.
6. I differ with a lot of preppers on the FEMA concentration camp topic. I don’t believe these FEMA centers are concentration camps built to exterminate people as some conspiracy theorists propose.
7. I believe you can take “some” comfort in knowing that a government cannot exist without people to govern! They need us. Well, at least most of us.
8. The government, power elites and the super rich need a labor force to do the dirty work. The rich and powerful don’t get their hands dirty. Their biggest fear is the loss of their vast fortunes.
9. Their top priority will be to protect their assets and the continuity of the lavish lifestyle they are accustomed to. Those with great power will do whatever is necessary to ensure they keep that power. Would it not make sense that those power elites have a plan in place to keep the status quo?
10. I don’t know what that plan is, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t the wholesale extermination of United States citizens.
Is FEMA Right For You?
If you have no real worth to a post-apocalyptic survival group and feel you’d be put immediately on the survival group’s expendable list, then you should consider getting your worthless butt to a FEMA camp as soon as possible, so to speak.
I’ve received a lot of hate mail on this subject. It still doesn’t change the fact that it’s inevitable for your preparations to run out or be taken by forces stronger than yours. It’s also highly possible that your stash, if found, may also be “liberated” by FEMA for the common good of everybody.
At this point I must tell you again that I’m neither pro- or anti-FEMA. I’m a survivor and will consider all options to stay alive if I find myself in a worst-case situation of a complete societal collapse.
Some people are not cut out to be the lonely hero on the road with their trusty rifle and survival bug out bag. This makes for some fun reading but it’s not at all realistic. I say a man has got to know his limitations.
Doomsday Preppers and survivalists will tell you that FEMA camps are actually concentration camps to be feared and avoided at all costs. Like I said before, I disagree. I believe that is simply false. It’s also worthy to note that the same preppers who preach New World Order conspiracy theories, will most likely be the ones who will kill you for what you have in your bug out bag when they become desperate.
While interviewing young preppers for this book, I found an alarming number of those individuals were all gun and no preps. They had no other plan than to threaten or kill others and take the stuff they need to survive.
It’s a safe bet that all the paranoid, anti-government preppers will eventually be just as dangerous as criminal gangs and outlaw survivalists when they become desperate. They don’t look at the unprepared and unaware as human beings.
They call the unprepared sheep. They refer to them as “sheeple.”
So let’s pretend the crap has really hit the fan and the country is in tough shape and getting worse extremely fast.
Let’s say you’re one of the legions of people who can’t afford a year’s supply of dehydrated food or a tricked out assault rifle with 2,000 rounds of ammo. You can’t raise sheep, rabbits or plant a garden. You know nothing about stacking gold and silver coins and couldn’t afford it if you did.
Maybe, just maybe a FEMA camp is just the thing for you.
For one thing, it’s a lot cheaper. You don’t have to waste your time and money on prepping. You can have a “prepper peace of mind” and enjoy the now, knowing you have a FEMA camp plan in place for a SHTF event. After all, things are really bad and it’s a matter of survival at this point. Starvation and disease always follow a major disaster.
I’m just giving you some points to ponder.
If you’d like to learn more about how to prepare for a “stay” at a FEMA recovery camp, go ahead and get your own copy of “The SHTF Art of War.”
It’s available as a downloadable Kindle ebook and also as a EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) resistant print book.